Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thank you God for this Beautiful Day

We have had the most glorious week. I just love Seattle when it's like this, it reminds me why I feel so blessed to live here. The kids and I headed over to Kelsey Creek Park the other day to hike and visit the farm animals that they have in their public barns. It started off rough as I told Josiah to chase a bird in what I thought was a meadow, but turned out to be a swamp, the poor boy got soaked to his knees. After a change of pants, he kept on though, wet shoes and all, I'm proud of my tough boy.

We visited with many farm animals including ducks, horses, cows, pigs, goats and sheep. But the highlight was definitely the bunnies. The kids loved getting them to eat the hay/grass. Isabel now has a new pet she's asking for.

We also hiked through the woods and played along the creek. The kids "fished" with their stick poles and had a ton of fun just exploring.

They really are best friends

Feeding the bunnies

This duck was super friendly and really wanted to play with the kids

Here sheepy sheeps!

They could have "fished" all day!




No comments: