Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Day of Rest



After 5 days of long hours of driving, we needed a rest. And once we got into Flagstaff, we knew we had arrived at just the place. It is a beautiful oasis of beauty nestled between miles of dry flatlands and the Grand Canyon. Our hotel had a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

After a delicious lunch at Whole Foods...





We decided to hit up some parks and local hiking trails. We found a beautiful park under the mountains, and played in the woods and climbed rocks for a good long while. It felt great to get fresh air.




After that we went a for a walk in the historic downtown on Route 66 and had to visit a candy shop.



Later we rested at our hotel, and then headed out to the Flagstaff Aquaplex where the kids did some rock climbing and swam in their beautiful pool with amazing waterslides.

It was a wonderful day and I am thankful to God for putting it on my heart to take a day off, even if it meant only having one day at the actual canyon.

Honestly, one of the reasons we had to rest is because my health is not very predictable. The driving left me exhausted, dizzy, and nauseous. I used to get very down on myself on my ability to not push harder, but I started reading this blog http://aiplifestyle.com/ about my autoimmune disorder and it completely changed my perspective and has help me immensely. She teaches a lot about loving the illness and learning to see what the illness is trying to teach you. I have learned to really listen to God and my body this way. I know that God has place my autoimmune disorder upon me and has much to teach me through it if only I will let Him. So when I learn to listen, pray, embrace, love and live with thankfulness, I do so much better than when I fear, run away, hide, and live with anger.

So with that, we had our day of rest. Off to the Grand Canyon today!  

No comments: