Thursday, January 2, 2014

Who Knew Jupiter Could Be So Much Fun?

....Jupiter Florida that is. We gave the grandparents a break today and took a 30 minute drive south to The Busch Wildlife Sanctuary and DuBois Park/Lagoon. We hit the sanctuary first and since we have a resident animal lover in our family, it was a hit. We saw turtles, foxes, alligators, birds, owls, panthers, bears, skunks, and more. Only animals that call Florida home were there. After that we headed to the Lagoon to try and catch some creatures of our own. We were able to catch many different types of crabs, fish, and jellyfish. We also got to enjoy some sun and the water too. One of my favorite things was the recovered cannon that came from a sunken Spanish ship that sailed in the 1600. I can't remember the Spanish name, but it was something like the Archangel Michael. I just love history. (I can thank homeschooling for that!)


The warning sign outside the sanctuary. I was hoping there would be one for unattended parents!


All 3 enjoying the resident birds. 


The Florida Panther! There are only 75-100 wild ones left in existence.


Trying to hold the crabs. The crabs won!


Lifeguard Asher



We love climbing mangrove trees!

1 comment:

Faith Swan said...

I got ur i credibly sweet card. I wish i saw u while u were here. I miss u n ur gorgeous family Tiff. May GOD be with u and them and angels protect u always my dear friend. I love and cherish u and think of u all often.xoxo