Friday, May 22, 2015

Strength



We arrived in Tallahassee tonight. When you leave for a road trip sometimes it's hard to know just how long hours in the car will feel on your body. That is what happened to us. A few hours felt like days, and not to the kids but to the adults!

As we drove to through the dark, I kept telling myself, I can do this, I have the strength, God will help me. Then "you" almost run into a curb (true story) and realize that it's probably time to stop. Sometimes God is saying it takes strength to say I need to rest. I actually can not go on any farther. And I don't know about you, but for me it sometimes takes more strength to stop than keep going. And that strength can only come from Christ.

Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning 

But when you wake up with this much joy, you know it's time to get going again. So back to the road we go!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Sometimes it takes more strength to stop than to keep going." Such truth!!! Praying for you and thankful for you sister!

Jennifer R said...

Praying for you as you travel. Love you!